13 Places for You and Your Dog to Visit in London
We’ve heard London is going to the dogs – or rather, the dogs are coming to the capital.
How so? Well, savvy pubs, restaurants, hotels, cinemas and even spas have cottoned on to the fact there’s a whole new market out there for entertaining our canine buddies, and especially in London where singletons, in particular, want to be seen out and about with their pooch. Why, some of those venues are even incredibly decadent – a doggy tea in Claridges, darling? Here are some of our favourites:
1.Tea at the Egerton, Knightsbridge
It’s total treat time here for you and your pooch, thanks to the fact the staff here love dogs. You’ll be greeted on arrival by Milly, the Jack Russell maitre’d. You can tuck into some salmon sandwiches together and afterwards your canine friend can look forward to a delivery of Lily’s Kitchen treats.
2.Brown Dog, Barnes
Pop into this pub and order a pint for yourself and a pig’s ear for Fido. Yes, they really do sell these behind the bar.
3. The Rubens at the Palace
Stay here overnight and your dog can tuck into a canine hamper. Burn off the calories by going for a run afterwards in 58 acres of woodlands and grass at the nearby St James’s Park. Then, treat your four legged friend to the hotel’s dog grooming service.
4. Rooftop Film Club, Peckham
Go and watch Marley and Me, Lassie, 101 Dalmatians or, if you’ve already seen these, another dog-friendly screening at this fabulous film club where the two of you can cuddle up and console each other at the weepy parts.
5. Old Spitalfields Market, Spitalfields
When you both get fed-up with lunching at the capital’s luxury establishments, head on down to Old Spitalfields to see what the commoners eat at the many dog-friendly cafes and restaurants.
6. Mungo and Maud, Belgravia
Your dog will be keen to check out the latest canine accessories at this specialist boutique, where doggie treats are also on offer.
7. Westminster Abbey, Westminster
Yes, it’s all very well, hanging out at upmarket diners and posh hotels, but how about giving your pooch’s cultural knowledge a boost by going for a tour of Westminster Abbey.? Just make sure he or she stays on the lead and it’s all good. And on that note…
8. The Society Club Bookshop, Soho
Wile away an hour or two in the afternoon by checking out the latest literary releases with your pooch at this gorgeous old bookshop.
9. L’Escargot, Soho
Maitre’d of the members-only club at this French fine dining establishment is Doris, the English Bulldog. Your pooch can tuck into the free canine food and chews while you enjoy a glass of chilled white wine and admire all the dog portraits lining the walls. And whisper… dogs eat for free on Sundays.
10. Hyde Park, Westminster
Clip on a waist belt, secure a harness to your canine buddy and attach him to you via a bungee-style lead. Then go Cani-crossing along the pathways of this fabulous central London park.
11. Shake Shack, Covent Garden
This splendid pizza eatery even has a section on its menu for your canine friend to peruse (just remember to take their reading specs). Highlights include Pooch-ini frozen vanilla custard with peanut butter sauce) and red velvet dog biscuits.
12. Doga, Fulham
It’s not only humans who need to stretch; our canine buddy can benefit from a bit of Ashtanga Yoga too, insist the owners of this club, known as DogaMahny. You know you want to…
13. The Pet Spa, Fulham
Get your dog looking his or her best at this upmarket grooming parlour. And how about a stylish jacket to show off that new hair-do too?
PETKIT Activity Monitor Giveaway!
Here at Purely Pets we know that your pet is an important part of your family and we want to be able to help you where possible in keeping your pet fit and healthy.
That’s why we are giving away a PETKIT Activity Monitor RRP £55.99 when you purchase Pet Insurance for your cat or dog directly with Purely Pets Insurance (this excludes accident only policies, other terms and conditions do apply and can be found here link to t&c’s)
Like us, it is important for our pets to eat well, exercise regularly and get a good night’s sleep. The PETKIT P2 Activity Monitor tracks your pet’s activity and sleep quality and can also help calculate your pet’s calorie requirements helping to assist with pet obesity and pet happiness. All of this information is then available for you to view on the downloadable app.
The PETKIT P2 Activity Monitor is a light and elegant wearable device which attaches to your pets collar. It is suitable for both cats and dogs and is strong, sturdy and water resistant.
Buy Pet Insurance with us today at www.purelypetsinsurance.co.uk and receive your free PETKIT P2 Activity Monitor within 30 working days. Terms and conditions apply and can be found here link to t&c’s
6 Quirky Pooch-Friendly Holiday Destinations
Ok, who hasn’t booked their 2018 holiday yet? Well, relax - you’re not alone. Only last week we found ourselves frantically checking out pooch-friendly accommodation in the UK. And boy, did we come up with more than a handful of amazing hound-hugging destinations. Check them out for yourself below:
Devon Beach Huts
First up, has to be the beach huts at Babbacombe Bay in Devon. Owned by the Cary Arms Hotel, dogs and owners have their own private sun deck and balcony from which to lazily survey the shore. And, instead of being chased from the hotel restaurant, our four-legged pals are treated like invited guests. Warm-hearted staff have been known to slip dogs the odd breakfast sausage or two…
East Sussex Big Green Bus
What kid doesn’t want to stay in a double decker bus – and pooch too, come to that? As the parent it may eventually drive you round the bend (hopefully not literally), but the rest of the family will have masses of fun. This fabulous luxury version has three bedrooms, a wood burner and comes with decking and a hot tub. Er, we’ll be off then…
Greater London Boutique Barge
Check just how much of an old sea dog your hound really is by treating him to a week away on a 57ft narrow boat. Moored at either Little Venice or Kings Cross, Barbara is a bit of a high-tech gal. She sleeps four, with a wood burner and roomy claw foot bath. A free-standing shower comes with upmarket Molton and Brown toiletries. With ‘little extras’ like that included, who cares if your other half can’t swim??
Cumbria’s Pele Tower
Test out your inner Jane Seymour with this gorgeous 14th century Tudor tower in the Lake District. Sleeping eight and with a fireplace that both a child - and definitely a dog - would be able to stand in, there’s plenty of space both inside and out. Surrounding this gothic haven is two acres of parkland where children and dogs can tire themselves out chasing each other. Bassenthwaite Lake is seven miles away - for a bit of wild swimming - and the pub, a mere two!
Highland Signal Box
Now, how many of your friends can say they spent some of the summer in a signal box at the foot of the Cairngorm mountain range? Not many we’d suggest – and which is why you and your pooch should (the novelty value being extremely high). Actually this is a gorgeous part of Scotland – remote and wild with the opportunity to get plenty of hiking miles under your belt and collar respectively.
Cosy under Canvas in Wales
Enjoy the feeling of being in a dome from home (a canvas dome, that is) with this eco-friendly glamping ground in Powys, near Cardiff. There are seven domes in total, sleeping up to six individuals each. Shared facilities include a pizza oven and wood-fired showers. And the best bit? An individual porch with hot tub attached to each tent.
All of the above venues are obviously owned and managed by dog lovers as our furry friend is welcome in each one. So, now that we’ve done the research, it’s over to you to make a holiday decision. And we don’t envy you that task one bit…
Offer of a PetKit P2 Activity Tracker
For any new pet insurance policies purchased between 16th July 2018 and 31st December 2018
- This offer is run by Purely Pets Insurance (“Promoter”, “we” or “our” or “us”), Purely Pets Insurance is a trading name of Ultimate Insurance Solutions, registered in England with company number 311368 with registered office address at 45 Westerham Road, Bessels Green, Sevenoaks, Kent TN13 2QB.
- This offer is open to all residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over except the Promoter’s and Markerstudy Group employees, their relatives, and, agents organising or promoting the offer. Proof of identity and eligibility may be required.
These terms and conditions apply to the Purely Pets Insurance’s offer:
a) One PetKit P2 Activity Tracker RRP £55.99 (the “Offers”)
Offers are subject to availability, change and substitution at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- By purchasing a policy in accordance with clause 6 below, you will be entitled to this Offer. These terms govern the Offers and any entrants’ participation in receiving an Offer. In the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions and any other instructions or terms, these terms and conditions shall prevail where they apply.
- The offer will open from 9am (GMT) on Monday 16th July 2018 (“Opening Time”) and close at 5pm (GMT) on Monday 31st December 2018 (“Closing Time”). If you take out a policy either before the Opening Time or after the Closing Time you will not be eligible for the offer.
- This offer is available to new customers only who purchase their policy through the www.purelypetsinsurance.co.uk website or via the telephone. This offer is not available to customers who purchase their policy through a price comparison or affiliate site.
- Offer does not apply to Accident Only policies.
- One PetKit P2 Activity Tracker will be issued per new policy sold.
- Your PetKit P2 Activity Tracker will be sent to you in the post 30 working days after policy inception.
- No PetKit P2 Activity Tracker will be issued for policies cancelled within 30 days of the policy inception date.
- Purely Pets reserves the right to cancel this promotion or amend these terms and conditions at any time on reasonable notice.
- Purely Pets is unable to replace the PetKit P2 Activity Tracker if it is lost, damaged or stolen.
- The terms and conditions of the manufacturer of the PETKIT P2 activity monitor will apply including the warranties therein. It is the customer’s responsibility to read the user manual provided with the PETKIT P2 activity monitor, and any associated health and safety information.
- This offer is not available to customers amending or renewing their existing Purely Pets insurance policy.
- The customer named as the policyholder will receive the activity monitor.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law we exclude our liability to any customer arising under these terms and conditions and in relation to the PETKIT P2 activity monitor, including that we will not be liable to any customer in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage. In any event our liability to any customer shall not exceed the retail value (in pounds sterling) of one PETKIT P2 activity monitor. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for: death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or their subject matter or formation.
- The Promoter shall not be held responsible for non-delivery of the Offer at the e-mail address provided and no alternative will be provided. It is your responsibility to inform the Promoter of any change to your contact details.
- The offer is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-replaceable and no cash alternative is available. There is no entry fee payable to take part in the offer. The Policy holder agrees and procures not to sell, offer to sell or use the Offer for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing the Offer on an internet auction site). In the event that the Policy holder sells, offer to sell or use the Offer for any commercial or promotional purpose, the Offer will be void.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Offer does not include travel, accommodation or any other expenses.
The Promoter reserves the right, at their discretion, to:
(i) amend these terms and conditions ; and
(ii) retract the offer from any policy holder whom does not comply with these terms and conditions or has acted fraudulently in any way; and
(iii) suspend, cancel the offer, at any time and without providing any prior notice. If in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control; and
(iv) substitute the Offer or any element of the Offer in the event that circumstances beyond its control mean that the Offer cannot be provided to the Policy holder.
- The Promoter, their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction, availability or functionality or otherwise or any other problem with any server, system, network or mobile operator or service provider or otherwise which may result in any registration not being properly logged, not recorded or recognised.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude the Promoter’s liability for:
a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence;
b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons, the policy holder, or of property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, loss, ownership and/or use of the Offer and/or use.
- If any of these terms and conditions are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable.
- The offer is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Policy benefits, features and discounts offered may vary between insurance policies and are subject to underwriting criteria.