Terms & Conditions
Competition to Win an M&S Treats for You & Your Dog/Cat Gift Bag worth £30
1. This competition is run by Purely Pets (“Promoter”, “we” or “our” or “us”), Purely Pets is a trading name of Insurance Factory Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (No. 306164). Registered in England and Wales Number 02982445. Registered office: 45 Westerham Road, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2QB.
2. This competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over except the Promoter’s employees and Markerstudy Group employees, their relatives, and, agents organising or promoting the competition. Proof of identity and eligibility may be required.
3. These terms and conditions apply to the Purely Pets competition to win:
1 x M&S Treats for You & Your Dog worth £30 OR
1 x M&S Treats for You & Your Cat Gift Bag worth £30 (the “Competition”)
The “competition” is subject to availability, change and substitution at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
4. To be in with a chance of winning one of these prizes, you must complete the following*:
Requirements for Instagram:
- Follow our Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/purelypetsinsurance
- Share a Christmas themed photo of your pet and tag us in the post @purelypetsinsurance
- Add #Purelypetsxmasgiveaway in the caption
Requirements for Facebook:
- Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PurelyPetsIns
- Share a Christmas themed photo of your pet and tag us in the post @PurelyPetsIns
- Add #Purelypetsxmasgiveaway in the caption
5. Entrants are able to enter on either Instagram or Facebook. *By submitting your image/video, you agree for Purely Pets Insurance to use this submitted asset for marketing purposes.
6. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry. By entering into the competition, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions and any other instructions or terms, these terms and conditions shall prevail where they apply.
7. The competition will open from 9am (GMT) on 1st December 2021 (“Opening Time”) and close at Midnight (GMT) on 19th December 2021 (“Closing Time”). If you enter the competition, either before the Opening Time or after the Closing Time your entry will not be accepted.
8. Once the competition closes on 19th December 2021, the top two entries in both categories (cat and dog) will be chosen and a vote will be run on the Purely Pets Instagram and Facebook accounts, asking all followers to vote for their favourite. The entries with the most votes when the poll closes at midnight on 23rd December 2021 will win the competition (“Winner(s)”) and will be notified via the social account they entered with no later than 24th December 2021. Prizes must be claimed by Midnight on 30th December 2021.
9. The “winner” will be asked to agree and sign the Data Protection Terms found at the bottom of this page prior to collecting additional data such as address.
10. If a child is present in any winning photos or videos and is shared on our page, the “winner” will also be required to sign the Child Consent Form found at the bottom of this page. This form gives consent for Purely Pets to use this image for further marketing purposes such as re-sharing the image, including in Enews and online blogs and articles.
11. The prize will be issued no later than 7th January 2022.
12. The Prize is awarded conditionally upon the Winner’s acceptance of it. If the Prize is unclaimed within the specified timeframe of the Winner being notified, or if it is declined, the Prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be chosen at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Promoter shall not be held responsible for non-delivery of the Prize at the e-mail address provided and no alternative will be provided. It is your responsibility to inform the Promoter of any change to your contact details.
13. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-replaceable and no cash alternative is available. There is no entry fee payable to take part in the competition. The Winner agrees and procures not to sell, offer to sell or use the Prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing the Prize on an internet auction site). In the event that the Winner sells, offer to sell or use the Prize for any commercial or promotional purpose, the Prize will be void.
14. The Promoter’s decision as to entrants taking part and Winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
15. The Winner agrees to:
Take part in any post-competition publicity if required and it is a condition of entry that the Winner agrees to their identity being notified or otherwise published to other entrants as well as to the Promoter and any of the employees, officers, clients and prospective clients in any format of the Promoter. Publicity shall mean but will not be limited to the Winner’s name, photograph, video, voice recording; and
By entering the competition, the Winner consents to the Promoter’s use of your personal data for the purposes of administering this competition but such personal data will not be shared with third parties. The Promoter agrees to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), including any subordinate legislation made under it and any provision amending, superseding it or re-enacting it (whether with or without modification).
17. By entering the Competition, you consent to the Promoter’s use of your personal data for the purposes of administering the competition and use of any images/media provided to be used on our social media and website platforms.
18. The Promoter reserves the right, at their discretion, to:
i) amend these terms and conditions ; and
ii) disqualify any entrants who do not comply with these terms and conditions or has acted fraudulently in any way; and
iii) suspend, cancel the competition, at any time and without providing any prior notice. If in its opinion it is deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside its control; and
iv) substitute the Prize or any element of the Prize in the event that circumstances beyond its control mean that the Prize cannot be provided to the Winner.
19. The Promoter, their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction, availability or functionality or otherwise or any other problem with any server, system, network or mobile operator or service provider or otherwise which may result in any registration not being properly logged, not recorded or recognised.
20. Details of the Winners’ name can be obtained by checking the Purely pets social media pages which can be found here:
21. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude the Promoter’s liability for:
a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence;
b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
22. Subject to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons, the Winner, or of property, which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, loss, ownership and/or use of the Prize and/or use.
23. If any of these terms and conditions are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable.
24. The competition is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
25. Policy benefits, features and discounts offered may vary between insurance policies and are subject to underwriting criteria.
Data Protection Terms
- Who is Processing Your Personal Data
Purely Pets a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 02982445 whose registered office is at 45 Westerham Road, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2QB. Purely Pets; is part of the Markerstudy Insurance Group of companies (“the Promoter”).
Before entering the Competition, please ensure you have read and understood our Privacy Notice, which tells you what to expect when Purely Pets Insurance collects and uses your personal information: https://resources.markerstudy.com/media/2937/insurance-factory-privacy-policy-pet-and-equine-2021.pdf
- Use of Personal Data
Your personal information will be collected and processed by us and where applicable, our service providers and suppliers, for the purposes of administering and fulfilling the Competition. This includes contacting you to verify your identity and notifying you when you win.
You may be asked if you want to receive a quote and/or marketing communications from us when you enter a Competition. If you choose to do so, we will also use your personal information for marketing purposes (see our Privacy Notice for more details). You can opt out from receiving marketing communications from us at any time.
- Storage and Retention of Personal Data
Your personal information will be retained only for the duration of the Competition and to finalise the winner, after which time it will be securely destroyed, unless you have chosen to receive marketing communications from us.
You may request the removal of your personal details from our database prior to the Closing Time/Date (as defined in clause 8) of the Competition by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in doing so you will forfeit your right to enter the Promotion and/or claim any prize and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Competition or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.
- Consent to Use of Winner’s Personal Data for Promotional Purposes
If you are the winner, we may wish to post competition stories or images relating to your win, including your picture or video, in the following:
- Social Media posts (such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Marketing Material for Insurance Factory Limited brands, namely Purely Pets Insurance e.g. on our social media accounts, e-newsletters and websites.
If you are the winner, you will be contacted separately following conclusion of the Competition at which point you will be given more information about the promotional stories we wish to post and your written consent will be sought.
- Acceptance of Data Protection Terms
By entering the Competition, you acknowledge that any personal information provided by you in connection with the Competition will be processed as set out in the Data Protection Terms above and in accordance with our Privacy Notice, which sets out full details of how we process personal data and how you can exercise your rights as a data subject.