Fireworks Season – our top tips for supporting your pet
26th October, 2022
Many pets are particularly sensitive to sound and at up to 140 decibels, fireworks can be as loud as a jet engine, so it’s no surprise that this time of year can be distressing for our furry friends.
As responsible pet parents, we always want to do what’s best for our furry friends so we’ve put together our top five tips for supporting them this fireworks season:
- Walk your dog during daylight hours to avoid times when fireworks are likely to be set off
- Prepare a safe space for your pet. Provide toys and other things they enjoy to make it a safe retreat
- Use pheromone diffusers around the home. These will disperse calming chemicals to help to reduce a pet’s stress
- Play relaxing background music or turn up the TV to mask the sounds
- Close windows and curtains so your pets cannot see the flashes outside.
Remember, if you have any concerns about your pet, your policy includes 24/7 unlimited consultations with a qualified vet via the Joii app. If you’ve not done so already, why not register today.
Pet Insurance Quote
- 98% claims paid *
- Claims paid directly to vet
- 24/7 vet video consultations
- Interest free monthly payments